Friday, September 26, 2008

Manolo Blahnik - Walk of Style Honoree



Beverly Hills was all a "Buzz" over the 'Walk of Style' honoring Manolo Blahnik. Yes, let me say it twice - Manolo Blahnik, Manolo Blahnik - oooohhh weeee!


Thanks to the President of The Rodeo Drive Committee -
Tom Blumenthal (www.rodeodrive-bh.com) and The Donahue Group (www.thedonahuegroup.com) - it was extraordinarily fabulous....

When Tom Blumenthal invited me as his guest, I got dizzy just standing in the midst of his fabulous store(www.gearysbeverlyhills.com). All of a sudden, the room started spinning, and when I looked up at his gorgeous blue eyes, with a smile on his face -
I clearly heard him say, again, " Carla, do you want to attend the Walk of Style Event?" I gathered my composure and said, " Of course, I'd love to attend."
He knows that I have loved the shoes designed by Manolo Blahnik for many years.
Lucy Lu looked beautiful. She so eloquently presented the award. Nikki Hilton, Hilary Duff, Fumi Desalu(Ugly Betty) and Annie Millstone, to name a few.
I got a chance to sit and chit - chat with Manolo Blahnik, and it was very nice. We talked about travels, great books to read and we are both on the same page, politically. It was so nice...
Until next time...C


No comments :

Post a Comment