Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Morals French Steakhouse & Bistro at the Grove

I must say, The Grove is to adults, what Disneyland is to Children. There is so much to do and see.
Last evening, Jennifer, Lana and a few other friends, popped into a cocktail reception at Morels French Steakhouse & Bistro.
The place was jumping! Francis Ford Coppola and his party was happily dining on a lovely spread of sea food.

The Bistro featured over 200 wines to compliment any pallet.
Chef Olivier Bouillot created the most amazing, generous portions of several French Classics that truly made me believe that I was experiencing De Javu, Honey.
Reflecting on a time that was well spent, when I was a foreign exchange student in the U.K., I took a few days away from London, detouring over to Paris, France, to complete a research project that I had started the previous year in Cairo, Egypt.
While in Paris, I made sure to sample the joie de vivre of quite a few Parisian Brasseries!
Let me stay focused - getting back to The Grove - Chef Bouillot - at Morals French Steakhouse & Bistro, has the Midas touch. He served a diverse selection of 35 cheeses - domestic and imported varieties from France, Spain, Italy, England, Canada and the U.S.A. There are farmhouse and artisanal cheeses made from Sheep's milk, Goat's milk, and Cow's milk.
Do we love the sound of Passed Hors-d Oeuvres - YES!
Fondue, Crab Claws, Served Foi'e Gras on Toasted Brioche, Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese, Stuffed Dates With Nuts and oh my goodness - Olives, Kalamata, Nicoise, Moroccan, and an assortment. Did I mention that they served Lamb Sliders? Uh, huh. The 30 Day Dry Aged beef was delicious.


I loved the Warm Sweet & Spicy Cashews. Yum yum. The dessert menu was oh so lovely, featuring warm Beignets with Vanilla Bean, Warm Chocolate Soufflé and Chocolate Mousse....
Do me a favor - pop into The Grove http://www.thegrovela.com/dining/restaurant/47/,
and tell me what your favorite spot is. I'd really like to know.
Happy Dining in Beverly Hills/ Los Angeles.
Carla

No comments :

Post a Comment