Thursday, May 9, 2013

Angie Miller Won the Night American Idol Judges Wrong

Angie Miller American Idol
Angie Miller performing "Try" by Pink

Angie Miller Won the Night not Candice

The American Idol Judges were wrong or should I say Jimmy Lovine was wrong, Candice did not win the night, Angie Miller won the night. As predicted Angie Miller nailed all three songs. If  I am going to pay to see a concert I would pay to see Angie Miller. I would not pay to see Candice or Kree. American Idol has a future star right under their nose and it is Angie Miller, period. They gave Angie 3 very hard songs to sing and she did each better than the original. Go to my Angie Miller Tonight is the Night article to view the originals by Elton John, Pink and Emile Sande. I loved the way Angie delivered on Elton John's "Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word" song. As I noted I had an inkling Angie might perform at least one song you would expect her to be at the piano performing instead turning it into a stand up and boy did she deliver. On Angie Miller's performance of "Try" by Pink I felt like I was at her concert and I wanted to be there, it was great. Angie's last performance of "Maybe" by Emile Sande I thought was her 3rd best but after listening to it back it was equally fantastic. Listen and watch all three of Angie Miller's performances from last night and if possible listen with headphones as I do to really hear the song.

Did American Idol Producers sabotage Kree with bad song choices? 

Who knows but the American Idol judges picked 3 lousy songs for Kree to perform. None of the song choices in my opinion save the second did any justice to Kree's range or ability. This was especially true in the 3rd round when they picked 2 very obscure songs for Angie and Kree while loading up Candice with a can't miss huge hit from 50 years ago in "Somewhere". Listening to it back it showed me nothing new, but, it was hand picked for her while Kree's songs appeared to be picked out of the song trash heap. Even still, although Jimmy and the Judges loved it Candice only did very good and it definitely did not outperform the historic versions of this song performed in "West Side Story" or by Barbara Streisand. 

Angie Miller Won the Night Judges Wrong article by Steve Forrest

No comments :

Post a Comment